Friday, March 20, 2009

18 months old

The stats:
~ weight: 22 pounds 15 ounces - 29th percentile (Dr. S said this is totally normal... that it's part of being a picky toddler)
~ length: 32 inches long - 60th percentile
~ head circumference: 19 inches - 90th percentile

The words (new words since 15 months are bolded... she's basically a little parrot and will repeat anything you ask her to... if she feels like it!):
Allie (my sister)
ball
balloon
bottle
bubbles
bye bye
chair
clap
cold
cracker
Da (my dad)
Deeda (my grandfather)
drive
ears
E-I-E-I-O
Elmo
eyes
fishy
flower
hair
head
hot
hot dog
Itsy (as in the spider)
juice
ketchup
keys
MiMi (LC's mom)
monkey
mouth
Nanny (LC's grandmother)
no
Nonnie (my grandmother)
Nemo
nose
oh no
Pa (LC's grandfather)
PaPa (LC's dad)
shoes
Taco (my brother in law, Michael)
trash (and must throw any speck of anything in the trash can)
water
yes
yogurt
airplane
baby
bath
brother (what we call Scout)
cat
cheese
Dada
Daddy
diaper (will usually tell us when she needs a new one!)
dog
doggy
drink
duck
eat
hello
hi
light
milk
Momma
money
more
nana (banana)
night night
pretty
Scouty
sock
teeth
thank you (and uses it appropriately)
this
tractor
tree
uh oh
yay
yum yum

The sounds:
what does a ____ say:
bird: tweet tweet
whale: oooo aaaaa
horse: neigh
doggy: woof woof
monkey: ooo ooo ooo
snake: sssssssss
tiger: arrrrr
duck: quack quack
cow: moo
santa: ho ho ho
cat: meow

Able to identify and match colors: pink, green, blue, yellow, purple

Loves The Wheels on the Bus... favorite motions: the babies on the bus say waa, waa, waa; the mommies on the bus say shhh, shhhh, shhhh; the babies on the bus play peek a boo, peek a boo, peek a boo; the wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish

I'm sure I'm forgetting something... It's so incredible to see the difference in just 3 short months. Watching her take in the world around her and seeing her learn is one of the most amazing things of being a mom!

4 comments:

Elaine's Semi-Homemade Life said...

As usual, you've got it way more together than I have! I have no idea when Big Sis could say those things... and I still doubt she knows what a whale says (I don't think I even did!) ;)
Ahhh, baby books... my poor kiddos. We'll have lots of (unorganized) pics and the major milestones... they'll still love me, right? ;)

Miss Priss' Momma said...

Who knows if I'll ever use this info, but it will be nice to see how #2 progresses.

Well, she knows the whale because of Finding Nemo... and my mom... lover of all things under water!!

Your kids will still love you! I think I've looked at my baby book 5times my whole life!!

Aya said...

Out of all those words, you'd think the kid could/would say "YaYa"...but, nooooo.....all I get is "The Look", a point at my chest when she's wanting something from me, and then that adorable smile!

Jess said...

Love that she says trash! - one of my nieces throws every little speck of "yucky" away as well! And with twins who are almost 3 years old and a 6 month old, there's lots of "yuckies" laying around that need to go in the trash! Or at least she thinks so! And when saying that a "yucky" needs to go in the trash, the face that accompanies it is priceless! Kids are so hilarious!!!