Sunday, September 9, 2007

Labor and Delivery

Saturday morning started as a normal day for us... we slept in, went to breakfast and came home to watch college football... I ran to the store to pick up and few things and our friend Jeff came over with his daughter Reese to watch the Alabama game with Lane. I made cupcakes (I guess since the house is spotless, the nesting is now concentrated on cooking) while Lane made lunch for us. To spare everyone the details, Elaine needed to go to the ER, so Lane and I watched Reese so Jeff could meet her there. Kristin came over to hang out with us since we hadn't seen her in forever!

I kept noticing a very wet feeling and then once I thought about it, I couldn't remember the last time I felt Payton move. I drank a big glass of orange juice and sat on the couch to see if I was just too busy earlier to feel anything. After an agonizing 45 minutes of nothing happening, I decided to call the doctor. She wanted us to come in, so off we went to L&D.

They immediately found Payton's heartbeat (answered prayers) and then tested to see if it was amniotic fluid I was feeling. The first test was negative, but the nurse did say I was 1-2 cm dilated (progress!!). They continued to monitor Payton's heartbeat and my contractions. After about 45 minutes and another negative for fluid, they sent us home.

We're now just waiting for a big gush of fluid or contractions to really start. I'm getting very impatient, but know Payton will come when she's ready.

** Just a disclaimer... if you call and I don't call you back, don't worry... we'll let you know when something happens, either by text message, phone call or email. **

No comments: