Monday, September 3, 2007

Update from 37 week appointment

I'm measuring 38 weeks (completely normal and nothing that says I'm too big or she's too big), but no additional progress from last week. Still a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced. The doctor said all I need are some contractions to get her to move down and help me dilate. I've been feeling crampy and just generally icky.. some say that's how they felt before they went into labor.

About 1:30 in the morning on Saturday, I woke up to terrible pain in my back and across the left side of my stomach. I went to the bathroom and then laid back down to see what would happen. The pain finally went away and I decided not to wake Lane unless it came again.... unfortunately it didn't.

Start sending prayers that there will be progress at the appointment on Friday AND that she'll come soon... my feet can't take it! I was doing great with minimal swelling, but that has totally changed this week. As I was getting dressed for church yesterday, I quickly found that I have 1 pair of dressy flip flops that fit my fat feet. If you know me at all, you know this was a sad day in the Chamblee household. I'm so ready to be able to wear my normal shoes and buy all the cute Fall clothes that are showing up in the stores.

3 comments:

michelle roos said...

you are almost there court!!!

michelle roos said...

you are almost there court!!!

Aya said...

I know the lack of footware choices is hard on you, so you might get a new pair of shoes out of me if she comes on my birthday guess!