Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Officially Old

Last Thursday, a new shopping center opened in Allen. I dropped Payton off and headed east. While I was shopping, I ran into a friend from high school (graduated 10 years ago in May!). She has two little ones and another on the way. Sometimes it's so surreal to think we're all doing "this"... meaning the house, the kids, the jobs, etc....

I was in Denton at 6 am on Saturday (that meant leaving the house about 5:15) for initiation. On the way there, I started thinking about my initiation and it occurred to me that it's been 9 years! I met Kristin at the Kappa house and we waited in the kitchen with several actives before our part began. Amazing the things to be worried about when you're in college... And why did I think it was a good idea to graduate a semester early and miss 3 months of no responsibilities? Although, if I hadn't, I wouldn't have the amazing family I have now!!

1 comment:

amanda said...

I'm still surprised that I'm doing "this" sometimes!