Thursday, May 29, 2008

Window Mistreatments

We (really I) decided to turn our formal dining room into a playroom/office. I took down the champagne panels and the room looked completely naked and devoid of color.

I'm working on my first set of mistreatments a la Nester! I've taken her directions and modified them a bit for my Type A personality. I keep repeating her mantra as I'm tacking these into the wall... It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful! I love the idea of mistreatments... no sew, easy, hot glue gun, and looks great. I couldn't just throw fabric on the window and make it work.... well I could, but it would drive me nuts. Nester just folds and clips and poof, it looks great. Yesterday, I got out the iron and some fusible webbing and "hemmed" the sides so I would know the edges were straight. I think it gives the fabric some stability too. I have to hot glue the trim and then I'll post pics of the finished product.

Seeing how easy this really is, I'm ready to mistreat all the windows in my house! If only I had less expensive taste... all the fabric I love is $30-$40 a yard. I'm thinking a trip to Harry Hines might be in order to get great fabric at great prices.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

I can't wait to see pics- my windows need serious help!